Wednesday 1 June 2016

NANDO'S GRILLER CHALLENGE - OUR EXPERIENCE

We all have been to Nando’s at some point of time with family or friends, but when you get invited to actually be able to grill Nando’s chicken and prepare your own meal as part of a Chicken Grilling Challenge, I knew I was in for a treat.





Had gone to Nando’s, Cyber Hub, Gurgaon for a grlling challenge organised by them and I was quite excited about the events ahead. 

The activity kicked off with a kitchen visit where we were briefed about how to prepare dishes- the cutting, grilling, roasting of veggies and chicken, the time allotted for cooking and pointers on which our dish will be judged- taste, presentation and how well cooked our chicken is.
It was a perfect time spent at Nando’s where I used all my culinary abilities which I didn’t know I had. I was totally in mood to get my hands on Nando’s famous PERi-PERi sauce and prepare my dish.


After thinking over what to cook, we were given 20 minutes each to prepare our style of Nando’s chicken. It was an amazing experience -especially the part where we worked on the grills with chicken and roasted veggies on the flat-top grill. Assembling the ingredients creatively to make it look colorful and attractive was also challenging since everyone else was as eager to win the activity as me but we were accompanied by a Nando’s griller expert who kept guiding us through the preparation process and helped us with friendly tips.




After we were all through with cooking, our dishes were judged by Mr. Gaurav and later we all sat down to enjoy the food. We had a fun group photo session at the end and all participants were given bottles of the famous Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce.

 The two winners were awarded with the most delicious prize ever of free meal for 15 days at Nando’s!
I’m glad that I could be there for this very interesting and engaging food challenge that Nando’s created. Looking forward to more such badass events. 



No comments:

Post a Comment