Can anything ever beat home made food? NOTHING AT ALL.
Our moms are our favorite cooks. And some dishes are related to our childhood, whenever we eat it we remember those days when we were small and young and nothing worried us.
So, did Nostalgia hit you? We know. Happens.
Here is one of ours childhood dish that brings back so many memories.
And we are here to share the recipe with you. Enjoy.
So, below we have steps, ingredients, method and pictures depecting all this. Just to make it easier for y'all :)
- Cut the Paneer into cubes.
- Cut 2 bell pepper and few corriander leaves.
- In the mixer add 5 tomatoes, ginger and garlic and blend it to make a paste. The paste is not too thick. Medium consistency.
- Add Almond and cashew and make their paste in the mixer.
- Add fresh cream in the mixer and blend it to medium consistency.
- SHAHI PANEER MASALA- 2 table spoon
- DRIED FENUGREEK LEAVES- 1 table spoon
- RED CHILLI POWDER- 2 table spoon
- HALDI (TURMERIC) POWDER- 1 table spoon
- GARAM MASALA- just a pinch of it
- SALT TO TASTE
- DRIED RED CHILLI- 2
- CUMIN SEEDS- pinch of it
- All the ingredients should be assembled in advance so that there is no chaos while cooking.
- Turn on the gas and pour oil after the pan is a little hot. And then let the oil get a little hot as well.
- When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
- Just after 5-10 seconds add the tomato puree and leave it to dry up for atleast 5-7 minutes.
- When the gravy starts leaving the oil from the corners, add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- After this, put a lid on and let the masalas mix with the gravy for the next 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the bell peppers slowly.
- You can observe the change of color in the gravy.
- Now, add shahi paneer masala ito the gravy and now your gravy is thick enough and looks red and yummy. Like in the picture.
- Then we add our almond and cashew paste into the gravy. And just after mixing it we add the fresh cream as well. The kitchen will be filled with an amazing aroma. Agreed?
- And now the color will become lighter and the gravy will become smoother.
- Stir well.
- Finally, add one cup of water. To lower down the consistency of the gravy. But not too much of water.
- Add paneer
- Mix slowly
- Just before switching off the gas, add dried fenugreek leaves and stir.
- Well, we believe in presentation, so for garnishing we used corriander leaves.
- We ate shahi paneer with Rice. You can eat it with anything you like.
- THE LUNCH IS SERVED, MY CHILD :D
Honestly, this dish is for the die hard foodie who does not really care about his/her diet. LOL
Go ahead, cook it and eat it and make it for your mom. Its easy so we all can cook it. Share your views in the comment section.
LOADS OF LOVE