South Indian Food lovers, this is your chance to learn the easiest ways how to make Paper Dosa at home. Make this yummy dish on a sunday morning for your family and see the smile on their faces.
- Wash and soak the raw rice and urad dal separately for 3 to 4 hours and drain well.
- Combine the rice, urad dal and rice flour and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using enough water to get a batter of thick pouring consistency.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ghee.
- Sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little ghee over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
As you all can see in the pictures, the plate has Mashed potatoes as well. So if you want you can make the "ALOO KA BHARTA" and keep it in the centre of your dosa that you prepared or you could also keep it in the plate along with the other items.
Totally upto you and your taste.
We were helped by our moms to make the batter. BEST MOMS EVERRR :D
BUT IF YOU WANT TO SURPRISE YOUR FAMILY OR YOUR DAD FOR FATHER'S DAY YOU CAN ALSO USE THE MIXTURE THAT IS AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET.
We hope you enjoy these recipes we post on the blog. Its not easy to make such tempting dishes but we do it only for y'all.
Loads of Love